Bob Grant Online
Bob Grant
 

Ted Kennedy’s Shameful Legacy

August 26, 2009

The obituaries and the eulogies are being poured out in tear-stained tons of ink for Ted Kennedy. So, at long last, the “liberal lion of the Senate” is dead. This same shameless cheater of the public and of his own death at least twice before, has run out of miracles, or should I say ploys?

Let’s go back to the “incident” which occurred in July of 1969 in Chappaquiddick. The story was all over the radio, television, newspapers, every conceivable means of communication.

It was obvious that Senator Edward M. “Ted” Kennedy had been attending a drunken party with some young, attractive girls who worked for some of the notables attending the gathering. Senator Ted left with the attractive Mary Jo Kopechne — just the two of them driving perhaps to the Senator's room in the hotel in Edgartown.

Kennedy, drunk and driving recklessly, did not negotiate Dike Bridge and the car plunged into the water below. Apparently Mary Jo was unable to get out of the car, perhaps she was knocked out by the blow when the car hit the water. In any event, unfortunately, the Senator was able to extricate himself from the car, swam to the surface, and then it was stated he swam to the shore at Edgartown, slipped up to his room, went to sleep, and awoke the next morning.

He called his cousin, Joe Gargan and told him what had occurred and had the gall to ask Joe if he, Joe, would say he was driving the car instead of Ted. Gargan, said he couldn't commit perjury. “After all, Ted, I am an attorney in the state of Massachusetts and a member of the bar. I couldn't lie, even for you, Ted.”

I don’t think it is necessary to once again revisit the inquest. However, in his revealing book, Senatorial Privilege: The Chappaquiddick Cover-up, Leo Damore exposes the tissue of lies Ted Kennedy told again and again. However, Kennedy power and clout came to bear and Ted Kennedy avoided what should have been his fate . . . jail!

For some reason, maybe it is because the American people have a strange sense of justice due to the fact that Ted’s two older brothers, John and Robert were assassinated, public opinion let Teddy get away with it! And we have paid a terrible price ever since.

Don’t forget it was Ted, with his brother Robert Kennedy and President Lyndon Baines Johnson, who revised the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965 to limit Europeans to just 15 percent of the total number to be admitted each year to the U.S., with the remaining 85 percent coming from Africa, Asia, and Central and South America!

Thus, since l965 the demographics of America have been drastically changed, paving the way for the end of America as we have known it.

Don’t rest in peace, Teddy!

Bob Grant

Straight Ahead!
 

 

 
That slams the lid onthings for today
 

© 2017 www.bobgrantonline.com All Rights Reserved
Site by — NewsMax Media, Inc., WPB, FL

Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional
Visit website: Buy Cialis read full article.